Monday, March 1, 2010

my junglee ideas!!!!

I am writing after a long time...the reason being- i had my midsems(its not that i was studying...its just that i dont want some ppl to know that i was'nt studying)...but finally exams are over(dont expect any reactions...they r just over..thats all i've to say)...all my earlier post have been related to engineering(ALAS!....i know too boring topics too discuss)...but this blog is about something im interested in ..and not frustrated about...so this time its about ....THE TIGERS....THE INDIAN JUNGLES....when i was in my 6th standard i was lazily walking past the book shelves in my school library(everybody generally avoids this place..but in school i used to lyk it..coz it was the only place where u wud'nt find urself under the nose of teachers) i saw a fat hard bound book and inscribed on it in golden letters was "JIM CORBET..AN OMNIBUS"......I had heard about this person from my grandfather...so i thought of giving it a try....i issued that book(i was the only issuer of the book in last six year!!!)......but by the end of day at school i started cursing myself for having issued such a heavy book bcoz it meant that i had to carry an extra kilo on my back and cycle back home....At home in the night i opened the book delicately as if it was a bible....and for the first tym in my lyf i started an adventure of reading a book which had more than 200 pages....i was overwhelmed by the english for at that level i was only as good as B for BALL(its not that things have changed much but still my vocab has increased... now its B for BUNK) ...whatever ...i started enjoying the book....I was now more keen to know about tigers and i became a die hard fan of JIM CORBETT...i started reissuing the book week after week(to compensate for the heavyweight of the book i used to leave some of my text books back home)...i told my mother i love the animal tiger...and i want to work in the forests...




her reply-"kutta bhaunkne se to tu darr jata hai....jungle mein kya kaam karega!!"

(huh! thats wat is called sarcasm!!!)

but i would lyk to quote jim corbett here-"courage is ......going about with your job when u r struck with fear"

u dont need to put ur hand in tiger's mouth to be called courageous..thats insanity!!



I visited KANHA in 7th standard and i for the first tym saw a tiger in the wild...I can tell u that there's nothing more mesmarizing than seeing a tiger at its best in the wild....(i can tell u one thing ....the guide was as scared as everybody in the gypsy was ...so why all the accusations of cowardness on me...)...whatever..that was a trip which i will remember throughout my lyf...i started referring to kanha as "HEAVEN ON EARTH"...after that trip ive visited kanha almost every year...sometimes i was lucky sometimes i wasnt .....but for me the charm of kanha is never gonna die...After that my ambitions fell as low as that i wanted to be a forest guide...






again my mother's reaction-"atleast yeh bolta ki IFS karna chahta hoon to fir bhi sunne mein accha lagta..par tu to hadd hai"

tym has changed school's over....to beforest guide got stuck up in engineering(thats wat happens to idiotic ideas lyk mine).......i have started enjoying wildlyf photography nowadays....for its something that has got the "SOUND GOOD FACTOR".....my recent visit to kanha with 3 of my school friends was as rocking as ever(also i had my share of "first tym" on this trip).....to bring the curtains down on the post i wud say that may be in 6 years i was the only issuer of the book and may be still in my school library u might find me as the only issuer (on record in the issue slip)...but this book changed my attitude towards tigers and other wild animals for ever......

7 comments:

  1. great post mozzie
    i am also fond of wildlife........and wildlife photography seems cool.......bas ab tu farhan ban aur ja ke bol ki mining jaye bhad me
    aur ha agli bar mujhe le chalna Kanha bhai!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mining to aise bhi jaye bhaad mein......haan kanha nahin is baar endsem ke baad bandhavgarh chalenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunty gave a good idea,go for IFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was expecting this post to be your first post. I've seen how u are touched with the tigers. I'm skeptic, you may even go for the job of forest guide for the sake of these tigers. Every time you instantly count 'Bandhavgarh' or 'Kanha' whenever we plan for some excursion here.

    I can sense your affection friend. IFS !!! Give it a try yaar !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. son,i know how passionate u r about tigers and wildlife,but at the same time u have to remember ths s india ,its dificult to make a living out of it in a decent way,ths can be your hobby but not your livelihood

    ReplyDelete